For a developer, installing different certificates in iOS devices is a common work flow step.
There are many ways to do it but, here is one that I consider to be the easiest.
High level steps:
- Creation of an ad-hoc wifi network
- Running a simple web server
- Browse the directory in iDevice
- Installing the certificates
1. Creation of an ad-hoc wifi network
The ad-hoc network creation in my mac machine did not help me. If it does not work for you, go ahead and create a hotspot and connect your iMac and iDevice to that wifi.
2. Running a simple web server
- Open terminal in your mac.
- Go the directory where you have the certs to be installed
- Run the below command.
python -m SimpleHTTPServer
- Open your the browser in your mac and try the below address
You should Ideally see something similar to the screen below:
Make a note of the IP address of your mac.
3.Browse the directory in iDevice
Open safari in the iDevice and enter the below url and tap go.
If everything works well, you should see something similar to this:
Now, select the certs that you want to install and follow the prompts thrown by iOS.